Today's Deal: £9 for £20 worth of dining at Bay of Bengal, Edinburgh
Situated next to the Festival Fringe Office on Edinburgh's historic and vibrant Royal Mile, it is a hit with both locals and visitors to the city.
The menu offers traditional exotic Indian, Bangladeshi, vegetarian and Halal dishes with an experienced top chef’s special recommendations. Selected Thai dishes are also now available. Highly recommended is the Chicken Jaalfaraizi (a spicy and hot curry dish made with fresh green chilli, coriander and a touch of ginger) and the Methi Prawn (a deliciously aromatic dish of prawns cooked with herbs, methi or fenugreek and fragrant spices).
Friendly staff will be happy to advise on their varied menu so that you can sample some of the dishes that have attracted great reviews from diners.
"For starters, try the lamb tikka with vibrant notes of cumin and coriander. The mango chicken Malay curry is a winner for the more mild palate, while the Bay of Bengal special rezala is a sure-fire choice for those who like it hot. Veggies will love the matar paneer, a curry of peas and homemade cheese, but best of all are the breads. Cooked in the traditional tandoori clay oven, the paratha and naan – crisp on the outside, fluffy and soft on the inside – are the crowning glory of a most treasured meal." Food and Drink Edinburgh 2011
This highly rated Indian restaurant in the heart of Edinburgh is fast approaching its 35th birthday, so if you haven't tried it yet, what are you waiting for?
After purchase, what do I do next?
- Once you have purchased this deal, you will receive an email with your voucher attached or you can download a copy via your account.
- Pre-booking or redemption may be required for this deal. Please view the instructions located on your voucher on how to redeem.
- Just £9 for a dining voucher for 2 people worth £20 in the restaurant
- Choose from their extensive A la carte menu
- A firm favourite on Edinburgh's Royal Mile for over 3 decades!
The Small Print
- Vouchers expire on 28th February 2014
- Valid 7 days a week for dinner (5.30pm to 11.30pm)
- Valid for 2 persons
- Pre-booking is essential and subject to availability
- Not valid on Rugby weekends
- Not valid from 24th of December to 4th January
- Maximum of 3 vouchers per group
- The order for each voucher must include 2 main courses.
- Each voucher can be used for food only on the A la Carte menu
- This voucher can’t be used in conjunction with any other offer or be exchanged for cash.
- Promotional Codes and Credits cannot be used on this offer